- Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality.
- In national sample, lowest in reporting stress associated with "School" and "Caring for aging parents."
- In national sample, lowest in coping with stress by "Watching TV."
- In national sample, ranked highest in saying "No" to belief in a higher spiritual power.
- In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Appreciating art," "Playing with computers or video games," and "Working out/exercising"
- Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
- Academic subjects preferred: science.
- Highest GPA among college persisters.
- 1 of 3 highest types in liking work environment characteristic "Variety of tasks" as well as highly favoring "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement"
- Lowest of all types in liking work environments characterized by "Making the job as simple as possible."
- In national sample, among types with highest income; dissatisfied with "Future work opportunities," "Promotions," and "Job security" in their jobs.
- Highest rank on coping resources used was spiritual/philosophical - ranked 3rd out of the 16 types.
- Among the 3 male types overrepresented among substance abusers.