- Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality; earning a lot of money.
- Males were highest on "obliviousness index" (relatively unaware of spouse's dissatisfaction with the relationship).
- Highly represented among college students taking foreign languages.
- In national sample, ranked 3rd highest in saying "No" and 2nd highest in "Not sure" to belief in a higher spiritual power.
- In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Appreciating art," "Writing," "Taking classes, going to school," and "Playing with computers or video games."
- Academic subjects preferred: art, science.
- Lowest of all types in liking work environments with "Clear structures & responsibilities," "Employee loyalty & job security," and "Working as part of a team"
- 1 of 3 highest types liking work environments with "International opportunities" and "Advancement/pay but not job security"
- Include in top 3 desirable work environment characteristics "Variety of tasks," "Independence & achievement," and "Clear structures."
- In national sample, dissatisfied with "Salary," "Promotions," and "Job security," "Predictability," and "Working conditions" in their jobs.
- With INFPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job.
- With ISTPs, had the lowest mean level of coping resources; ranked 16th out of 16 types on total resources.
- Most frequent among college students referred for drug and alcohol violations.